Good morning to all of you friends and food lovers!! What have you been doing? I continue my road down to re-representing some of my old recipes with a very cheesy one!!
Cheesy potato soup!! I love soup and especially creamy soups! This one is one of my favorites. Whenever potatoes and cheese are involved just count me in!!
A very delicate and mild heartwarming soup that I find perfect! Loaded with parmesan, gouda cheese and served with homemade croutons! Perfection to its all!! I made it in its light version since I didn’t use heavy cream and I chose milk instead. Don’t worry you will not be disappointed my friends!!
Please try this one out! Filia!!!
Warm, heartwarming soup to sooth your soul!
- 5 large potatoes peeled and cut in pieces
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube or chicken broth
- Olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- You will need 5 pieces of sandwich bread without their crust and cut in cubes. In an oven tray place one piece of parchment paper and add the bread cubes. Now it’s your choice in the matter of seasoning. You can coat them with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle herbs of your choice. Thyme, oregano, garlic, ginger or whatever you like. In this recipe I sprinkled garlic and coated them with olive oil. Now, in preheated oven bake until golden brown and crispy! That’s it!
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add the onion in thick slices. Sauté until translucent.
- Add garlic in slices and potatoes in pieces. Sauté for 4 minutes.
- Add milk, bouillon cube, salt, pepper and enough boiled water to cover your potatoes. Cover your pot and simmer until your potatoes are soft and tender. If it needs more water in the meanwhile add but be careful not to add too much, the water must slightly cover the potatoes.
- When your potatoes are ready blend everything with a hand blender. Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and grated parmesan. Stir and season to taste.
- Serve the soup hot and dip the cheese cubes. Garnish with croutons and parmesan flakes!