Who hasn’t eaten a ton of cinnamon cookies as a child? I know I did. Cinnamon cookies were my favorite! Since my daughter became one year’s old cinnamon cookies are always in my house. And guess what, she loves them.
So again I had this crazy thought of making them myself. They are very easy to make and they taste so much better than the store bought! The dough is a bit tricky, meaning that it crumbles but once you get the hang of it you’ll be fine. When in the oven, they smell so good you won’t believe it. I had some knocks on my door asking me for some, lol!
Be careful though, do not over bake. They must be quite soft once you remove them from the oven, they will get crispier as they cool down. You will love these cinnamon cookies, trust me!! Filia!
Who doesn’t love cinnamon cookies? Crispy, full of flavor and with an intoxicating smell. Your kids will love them and you will definitely enjoy them with your afternoon coffee!!
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon cinnamon (powder)
- A pinch salt
- Beat butter with sugar until you have a fluffy ream.Add one egg at a time.
- Add baking powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Add flour but use a spatula to combine at first. When the dough thickens use your hands.
- Your dough will be thick enough and will not stick in your hands.
- Wrap your dough to plastic and place it in the fridge for an hour.
- In a floured surface open your dough with a rolling pin until it’s about 1 cm thick. Sprinkle a bit of flour on your dough to help rolling.
- Place parchment paper on a baking pan.
- Create desired shapes with a cutter and line your cookies 2 cm apart.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon powder on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 Celsius for about 15-25 minutes depending on the oven.