Hello my friends, is your Christmas spirit high?? Ours definitely is. Do you have any plans for Christmas? We are not going on Christmas vacation or anything so we’ll try to do something fun here in beautiful lraklio.
This recipe I am sharing today is an old one, as I continue upgrading my old recipes. It’s called crunchy delight, that’s the name I gave to this sweet little thing. It’s a recipe I found on the web and I totally changed it according to my taste.
It’s super easy and it’s very tasty. If your friends are coming by or you simply want to satisfy your sweet tooth, this sweet treat will be made within an hour. Give it a try and tell me what you think. Filia.
An easy treat for your loved ones! Sweet, crunchy and peanut-buttery!!
- 4 packets sweet biscuits or crackers
- 250gr butter
- 2 tablespoons caramel syrup or butterscotch chips
- 125gr dark chocolate cut in pieces
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup cognac or liqueur
- Blend the half of a biscuit packet to powder and set aside.
- In a sauce pan add butter, milk, sugar, caramel and vanilla powder. Keep stirring until little bubbles are formed on surface.
- Withdraw from heat.
- Add biscuits powder, dark chocolate and cognac. Stir until chocolate melts.
- In a medium rectangular baking pan add one layer of biscuits and a thin layer of the chocolate sauce. Repeat once more.
- Form the third and last biscuit layer.
- Add in the remaining chocolate sauce peanut butter and give a nice good stir. Cover the biscuits. Place in fridge for at least an hour! Enjoy!