Hello my dear friends, how are you? I am sharing with you today a very loved recipe, applesauce.
Applesauce is so easy to make, so I encourage you to do it yourself than buying it from the supermarket. It’s much more delicious plus you can improvise and add more or less spices and just experiment.
Applesauce can be used in so many recipes like cakes, cookies and pies. I have a new recipe with applesauce but I will post it next week.
I use my applesauce as topping for my Greek yogurt. As simple as that. Light and tasty. My daughter enjoys it too. How do you use your applesauce? I’m waiting for your comments!!Filia!
Delicious and aromatic applesauce to use in so many ways! It’s easy, its quick and so much better than the store bought.
- 6 sweet apples cut in pieces
- ¾ cup water or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups brown sugar (optionally)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves
- A pinch nutmeg
- Add all ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, with half closed lid.
- After 20 minutes, apples will be soft and tender and there will be only and idea of water left in the saucepan. That’s how much water we need.
- We puree apples with a hand blender until we have a nice and smooth cream.
- If we wish to store applesauce we keep it in the fridge for 8-10 days and in air-sealed jars.