Hello my beautiful friends. How are you today? I am in a very sweet mood because of the recipe I’m sharing today. Greek jam tart is a very famous dessert in Greece, and it usually involves a delicious tart, filled with jam and baked in the oven. Yumm…
I made my pasta flora with the applesauce I made last week instead of jam. Oh my, oh my, I don’t know where to start. The tart is the best you will ever have. It’s so delicious so buttery and so melt in your mouth… You will absolutely love it.
Now what to say about my applesauce, I said everything last week. Its aromatic, it’s delicious and healthy. So there you go you have a pasta flora that has much less sugar but it’s so delicious!!! You have to try this recipe trust me!!! I’m waiting for your comments!!!! Filia!!!
Greek jam tart with applesauce instead of jam, delicious and with much less sugar. As for the tart is the most delicate and buttery tart ever.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 ½ cups butter, room temperature
- 3 κ.σ. sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- Lemon or orange zest
- Applesauce or any jam you like
- Beat butter with sugar until you have a fluffy cream.
- Add eggs one at a time, until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, baking powder and zest. Beat once more.
- Add flour beat at first and then continue using your hands.
- The dough must be very delicate and it must be slightly sticky. If it is too sticky add some flour.
- Spread butter in a small-medium baking pan.
- With your hands spread evenly ¾ of the dough.
- Add applesauce or jam.
- Now add some more flour in the remaing dough until it doesn’t stick in your hands.
- Form strips in the desired thickness and size and place in any shape you like on top of the filling.
- Bake in preheated oven in 180ο for about 25-30 minutes.
- Sift some icing sugar-cinnamon on top and serve with ice-cream.