This is a wonderful Sunday dish, when all family gathers together for launch. Isn’t it? The truth is, and I have said it a zillion times, I don’t eat meat. Only lean beef and chicken, and only cooked by me.
Because my family loves pork chops, I have to make this dish too, to satisfy them. Plus they tell me that I make the pork chops heavenly!! Now you are going to tell me, add some chicken breast along and you can eat it too. Mmm I don’t think so. I don’t like meat because of this distinct taste, that all meat lovers love but is appalling to me. So if anything is cooked along with pork I simply hate it!
On the other hand I am so bored of baking twice every time!! So I had to come up with something and I did!! I found the secret ingredient that can hide this taste from me!! Do you want to know what it is?? Mustard my friends.. Plenty of good quality mustard, lemon juice and a hint of garlic.
That’s an amazing marinade in general and I love it. So just pour it over your pork chops and potatoes, bake and you will have the best post chops ever!!! Trust me!!! Filia!!
A nice family dish for the whole family to enjoy. Juicy and tender pork chops with perfectly baked potatoes!
- 4 pork chops
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- Juice from 3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 tablespoons chicken spice or paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Olive oil
- ½ green bell pepper cut in small pieces
- ½ onion cut in thin slices
- 2 cloves garlic cut in thin slices
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoons chicken spice or paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a big bowl add all of the marinade ingredients and mix.
- Add the pork chops in the bowl and coat them with the marinade. Now you can either close the bowl in plastic and live it overnight in your fridge or you can use right away.
- In a baking pan add the potatoes, oregano, chicken spice, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper and mix very well.
- Dissolve the cube in a glass of hot water and pour it over the potatoes. Mix once more.
- Place the pork chops on top of the potatoes and if there is any marinade left pour it on top of them.
- Add enough boiled water to cover your potatoes, wrap the baking pan in foil and bake in preheated oven (180°) for an hour or until your pork chops are soft and tender.
- Remove foil and bake for 10 more minutes.